Generator ReplacementLearning that you need to replace the generator in your home or business can be a stressful situation. If and when that time comes, Cranney is here to help you. We will go over all of your options, and help you to pick out a generator replacement that best suits the needs and requirements of your home. Because a generator is in place to provide you with backup power in the event of an outage or emergency, it’s important that you replace it as soon as possible. You will have peace of mind with Cranney helping you the whole way.
Reasons to Replace your GeneratorIt is highly likely that you will need a generator replacement if you are experiencing frequent problems. Whether it is a specific part of the entire model, generator experts at Cranney will keep you informed during the process. No matter how diligent you are at maintaining your generator, it still has a limited lifespan. A Cranney home services technician will be able to fully inspect your generator and let you know whether it can be fixed or needs to be replaced. Here are the most common reasons why you may need to replace your generator:
- Age-Your generator ages differently than other machines. Rather than how many years old it is, a generator’s age is determined by how many hours it is used per year. If a generator is barely ever used, it will likely last longer than one that is used frequently. If you know that your generator has been used a lot over the years, and you notice a difference in function or efficiency, you may need to have it replaced.
- Frequent Repairs-Perhaps the most obvious reason for generator replacement is if it requires frequent repairs. If it is working properly, you shouldn’t have to have any parts of your generator fixed or replaced more than once or twice a year.
- Startup Problems-If your generator is having issues starting up, you should have it assessed. A generator should turn right on when necessary. In the event of an outage or emergency, you shouldn’t have to wait an extended period of time or physically toy with it yourself.
- Fuel Usage-You should always be aware of the fuel usage of your generator. Your model should explain this in the manual. If your generator is using an excessive amount of fuel, you may need a new one.
- Power Output-If your power isn’t steady and consistent, you should have a Cranney professional assess the situation. Your generator’s purpose is to provide power when electricity fails; you shouldn’t experience any flickers or brownouts.
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities