AC Repair Service in the North Shore
Serving Salem, Beverly, Danvers, Peabody, Lynn & Surrounding Areas
Even the best air conditioning units need to be repaired from time to time. Malfunctions can occur at any time and often appear without warning. Issues that arise can also range in severity. Whether your air conditioner needs repair due to wear and tear over time or it's the result of a separate issue, Cranney is here to help you. Unless the unit is simply beyond repair, we will never pressure you to replace or upgrade. We will do everything possible to repair your AC and expand its life span, keeping you and your loved ones safe, cool, and comfortable for years to come.
Most Common Air Conditioner Repairs
- Refrigerant: Refrigerant is the chemical component responsible for cooling the air flowing from your AC. If this chemical needs to be replaced at any point, it’s an obvious sign that you may have a leak in your system. If this chemical is leaking, your air conditioner will not cool as fully or efficiently. A Cranney professional can locate and repair leaks in no time.
- Controls: Electric controls are necessary to keep your equipment running smoothly and properly. These controls can wear over time, especially if the unit is switched on and off frequently. This can impair function drastically.
- Sensors: Most models come equipped with a sensor that determines the temperature in your home. This allows the air conditioner to turn on when the temperature is warmer than desired. If the sensor has been knocked out of place or isn’t working as it should, the air conditioner will not work properly.
- Drainage: If drainage is restricted, your air conditioner could face severe problems down the line. Drainage is necessary, especially in periods of high temperatures or high humidity levels. Water accumulates in and around the machine, and as a result, it must drain out. Any liquid that remains for an extended period of time can result in a blockage or potential mold growth, and you certainly don’t want that being pumped into your home.
- Fans: If the fan in your air conditioner isn’t working properly, or if it has stopped completely, airflow will become restricted. This can also cause the unit to overheat, which can damage the AC even further.
- Bad wiring: If the wiring in your air conditioner is faulty, this is a potential fire hazard and you should contact a Cranney professional immediately.
- Improper installation: If your air conditioner wasn’t properly installed at first, Cranney can fix it. Improper installation can cause several issues that can impair function and hinder drainage.
Why Choose Cranney Home Services?
For over 40 years, Cranney Home Services has been serving Merrimack Valley and the North Shore area. We offer a five-star service experience for all our customers, and as a family-owned company and a member of the Nextstar Network, we offer top-quality, customer-focused service with complete honesty, integrity, and respect. Plus, all our heating and AC services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Air Conditioning Repair FAQ
What should I check before calling for AC repair service?
There are a few things you can check yourself before calling a professional for AC repairs, including the thermostat. Make sure that it has power and is set to “Cooling” mode with the fan on “Auto.” Double-check the set temperature and replace the batteries if the thermostat has them. Make sure none of the vents are blocked and try resetting the system by turning its breakers off and then on. If none of these tips help, call our team at Cranney Home Services for troubleshooting and repair.
Why does my AC keep freezing up?
A frozen evaporator can be caused by a clogged air filter, a blocked return vent, a dirty condenser, a dirty evaporator, low refrigerant, and more. Check the air filter and make sure that none of the duct registers are blocked. To thaw your system safely, and determine why it is freezing up, call our experts at Cranney Home Services.
When should I replace my air conditioner versus repairing it?
Air conditioners last about 12 to 15 years, so if yours is less than a decade old and has no major problems, like a faulty compressor or a leaking coil, repairs will usually be the best option. If your system is over a decade old, breaks down often, needs costly repairs, or simply cannot cool your home effectively and efficiently, it may be time for an AC replacement. Contact our team for an estimate anywhere in the North Shore area.
What should I do if my AC is making a weird noise?
Some noises like pinging and popping may be caused by something minor, like air ducts expanding and contracting as they heat and cool. Other noises, like grinding, screeching, or squealing, may indicate mechanical problems or a faulty compressor. If you cannot identify the source, contact Cranney Home Services for AC repairs.
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities