Sump Pump Services in the North Shore
Serving Salem, Beverly, Danvers, Peabody, Lynn & Surrounding Areas
A sump pump is a crucial part of any home’s basement waterproofing strategy. A good working sump pump can help give homeowners peace of mind, especially during periods of heavy rainfall when flash flood warnings may be issued. Sump pumps work to safely and effectively distribute built up water away from the home’s foundation to prevent the basement from flooding. Having a sump pump can mean the difference between flooded basements, water damage, and contents damage. Cranney is ready to fix any sump pump issues you may be having that prevent your sump pump from protecting you against flooding and water damage.
Typical sump pump problems include:
- No water enters the pit– If the drain tile is installed at the wrong angle, this is a typical result. The tile collects water from the foundation of your home. If installed improperly, water cannot enter the pit and your pump will be useless.
- Clogged– Dirt or debris can easily clog a pump that does not have a lid. The float switch, the device that turns your pump on or off depending on the water level, can clog as well. This will result in your pump either shutting off completely or running continuously.
- Overwhelmed– Cheaper pumps usually have trouble handling the water volume created by a basement flood. Either they can’t pump the water fast enough or they simply burn out. You should have a high-capacity pump installed with a battery backup.
Sump Pump Installation & Replacement
Our certified and fully insured team can help identify the best location for your sump pump, dig the hole, and prepare the site to accept the sump pump of your choice. We will make sure that all the adapters, hoses, valves, and connections are sealed and secured so that if the water ever starts to flow, your sump pump is ready to help protect your home from damage.
Contact Cranney Home Services at (978) 750-6900 to schedule sump pump installation or replacement.
Sump Pump Replacement Options
Cranney offers a variety of sump pump replacement options in order to guarantee the optimally safe environment within your home. Some of our replacement options include:
- Liner – A pump without a liner can become easily clogged with debris and dirt. A clog will not be a concern, however, if the pump has a liner. At Cranney Home Services, we provide bolted-on lids that ensure your pump will work as intended.
- Battery backup – This type of system is highly recommended if you have a finished basement. Should the power go out or your main pump fail for any reason, this redundant system will protect your basement for several hours.
- Marine-grade – This system ranges from .5 horsepower to more than 1 horsepower, and features a marine-grade, 12-volt battery. It comes in a wide range of gallons-per-minute pumping capacities. And it offers a choice between a tethered switch that features an adjustable pumping range or a universal float switch that easily mounts to a discharge pipe.
- Alarm monitoring – Basic models sound an alarm that can be heard throughout a home if any water is detected, while advanced models can send an alarm via phone, text or e-mail.
Sump Pump Repair & Maintenance
Sump pumps require regular maintenance and prompt repairs to keep them operational. We recommend quarterly cleaning, and a full annual inspection of sump pumps in the region. Our team of certified technicians thoroughly inspects, tests, and addresses any problems we discover when performing maintenance services.
It is our pleasure to make sure that everything is properly lubricated, connected, and secured so that you can depend on your sump pump for year-round protection.
Contact Cranney Home Services at (978) 750-6900 to speak with our team about our sump pump repair & maintenance services.
The Cranney plumbing experts will always guarantee a job that is on time and up to code. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with top-grade material to ensure that we leave your home as comfortable and safe as it could possibly be.
We’re available 7 days a week to provide service to sump pumps, so call Cranney today!
Sump Pump FAQs
How Does Water Infiltrate Basements?
Water can seep through joints and cracks in the basement. It can leak through windows and doors during storms. Plus, pipes can break, allowing water to flood the basement of your home.
How Do Sump Pumps Work?
Sump pumps are positioned in the lowest point of your basement. As water drains into and collects within the sump, the pump switches on and pumps it out of your home.
What Types of Sump Pumps Are Available in Maryland?
We can install either submersible or pedestal sump pumps. Pedestal pumps are easier to service because the motor sits on top of the tank, whereas submersible pumps have the motor mounted inside the tank.
How Much Water Will a Sump Pump Tank Contain?
Most sump pump tanks are designed to hold between 15 and 25 gallons of water.
Do Sump Pumps Require Their Own Circuit Breaker?
Absolutely. This helps prevent tripping. It is also essential to have a dedicated outlet and a ground fault circuit interrupter.
For 30 years, clients in the North Shore have depended on our fast, reliable, effective sump pump maintenance, installation, and emergency repair services, and it is our pleasure to make you our next satisfied client. Contact Cranney Home Services at (978) 750-6900 for more about our sump pump services.
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities