Furnace Services in the North Shore
Serving Salem, Beverly, Danvers, Peabody, Lynn & Surrounding Areas
Cranney offers a variety of furnace services! From repair and maintenance to replacement and installation, your furnace is in good hands when a Cranney heating expert is on the job! For more than 30 years, Cranney Home Services has provided residential heating system repair service to area homeowners and businesses. You can trust our heating technicians to get the job done right the first time. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and equipment, enabling us to provide emergency heating system repair service seven days a week.
There are a few warning signs that you can keep an eye out for when questioning if you need to call a Cranney heating professional for furnace services.
When to Call for Furnace Repair
- Strange noises– If your furnace is making unusual sounds like rattling, popping, or squeaking, this is a sure sign that something isn’t right. The belts in the mechanical section of the heating compartment may need looking over. If they are loose, replace them immediately. Loose belts are a dangerous sign in any furnace. If noises continue, call an HVAC expert to look it over.
- Refusal to heat– Don’t be alarmed if this happens. Finding out why is simple enough. The first item to check is the fuse and the main electrical panel or other subpanels in the furnace. It may be that the circuit breaker tripped, in which case you can always turn it off then on again to reset it.
- Over-cycling– Cycling over and over while in the off-on transition could mean a clogged filter, poor airflow, or improper thermostat modes.
- The blower is always running– If you can always hear your blower, the limit switch is malfunctioning. A professional would have to replace it.
- The pilot light is bad– The pilot light indicates that carbon monoxide is leaking out. Always check to see what color it is. If the color is any other than blue – yellow, green, red, etc. – this means the combustion is not at its peak. It could also mean the components are blocked or have a malfunctioning electrical element.
- Switching the furnace on does no good– In a case like this, don’t forget to check the ignition. If the ignition goes out the furnace won’t percolate properly. The ignition is what sparks the heat. If that fails, call a Cranney heating professional immediately.
- Bad air from a dirty filter– When the filter is clogged the airflow is limited and overworks the furnace. Dirty filters also cause the limit switch – which controls the fan – to malfunction.
- Thermostat not working– A faulty thermostat can cause problems with the fan or comfort level. The thermostat is the heart of a furnace. If this isn’t serviced regularly it shortens the life span of the furnace.
- Higher monthly bills– No one wants to pay more than they already have to as far as their utility bill is concerned. A faulty furnace will start to hike up your heating bill.
Furnace Installation & Replacement
When your Danvers home’s furnace stops working, it can result in more than a chilly house. Your pipes are also at risk of freezing and bursting, which can cause significant damage to your home. A quick call to Cranney Home Services helps you find the right furnace solutions to keep you and your family warm and your home safe.
Need a new furnace replacement or installation? As an authorized Nexstar residential service provider, Cranney Home Services can help. Contact us online today or call us at 978-750-6900.
Furnace Repair & Maintenance
A professional furnace repair and maintenance provider has the experience and expertise to accomplish repairs and replacements correctly. Our local furnace repair and maintenance experts are ready to provide your Danvers home’s furnace with the attention it needs.
Need to schedule furnace maintenance or repair? Cranney Home Services has been serving the North Shore area for over 30 years. Contact us online today or call us at 978-750-6900.
Furnace Installation & Replacement FAQs
How long does a furnace last?
A correctly sized, properly maintained new furnace should last for more than 15 to 20 years.
How can I extend the life of my furnace?
Regular maintenance increases a furnace’s energy efficiency and life span. Simple steps you can take include replacing furnace filters or investing in a programmable thermostat.
How often should I have my furnace inspected and cleaned?
A good rule of thumb is to have a furnace inspected and cleaned at least once a year. The best time for cleaning is in warmer months when the heater isn’t in use.
What size furnace do I need?
That depends on several factors, including total floor area to be heated, ceiling heights, home orientation, insulation, and climate.
What is the best type of furnace?
The one that’s the right size and has the heating capacity to keep your home comfortably warm in an energy-efficient manner.
Have more questions about maintaining your home’s furnace or replacing it with a newer model? Cranney Home Services has the answers! Contact us online today or call us at 978-750-6900.
Schedule Furnace Service in the North Shore Today!
When we arrive at your home we will diagnose your heating problem and figure out what we need to do to make your system work as it should. Our heating technician will provide you with a clear understanding of the repairs and will give you an upfront, competitive price before we start any work.
Call Cranney today for any of your furnace necessities!
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities