Cranney offers a variety of furnace services! From repair and maintenance to replacement and installation, your furnace is in good hands when a Cranney heating expert is on the job! For more than 30 years, Cranney Home Services has provided residential heating system repairs service to area homeowners and businesses. You can trust our heating technicians to get the job done right the first time. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and equipment enabling us to provide emergency heating system repair service seven days a week.
There are a few warning signs that you can keep an eye out for when questioning if you need to call a Cranney heating professional for furnace services.
These warning signs you need furnace services include:
- Strange noises– If your furnace is making unusual sounds like rattling, popping or squeaking this is a sure sign that something definitely isn’t right. The belts in the mechanical section of the heating compartment may need looking over. If they are loose, replace them immediately. Loose belts are a dangerous sign in any furnace. If noises continue, call an HVAC expert to look it over.
- Refusal to heat– Don’t be alarmed if this happens. Finding out why is simple enough. The first item to check is the fuse and the main electrical panel or other subpanels in the furnace. It may be that the circuit breaker tripped, in which case you can always turn it off then on again to reset it.
- Over-cycling– Cycling over and over while in the off on transition could mean a clogged filter, poor airflow or improper thermostat modes.
- The blower is always running– If you can always hear your blower the limit switch is malfunctioning. A professional would have to replace it.
- The pilot light is bad– The pilot light indicates that carbon monoxide is leaking out. Always check to see what color it is. If the color is any other than blue – yellow, green, red, etc. – this means the combustion is not at its peak. It could also mean the components are blocked or have a malfunctioning electrical element.
- Switching the furnace on does no good– In a case like this, don’t forget to check the ignition. If the ignition goes out the furnace won’t percolate properly. The ignition is what sparks the heat. If that fails, call a Cranney heating professional immediately.
- Bad air from a dirty filter– When the filter is clogged the airflow is limited and overworks the furnace. Dirty filters also cause the limit switch – which controls the fan – to malfunction.
- Thermostat not working– A faulty thermostat can cause problems with the fan or comfort level. The thermostat is the heart of a furnace. If this isn’t serviced regularly it shortens the lifespan of the furnace.
- Higher monthly bills– No one wants to pay more than they already have to as far as their utility bill is concerned. A faulty furnace will start to hike up your heating bill.
When we arrive at your home we will diagnose your heating problem and figure out what we need to do to make your system work as it should. Our heating technician will provide you with a clear understanding of the repairs and will give you an upfront, competitive price before we start any work.
Call Cranney today for any of your furnace necessities!
Proudly Serving The
North Shore and
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities