AC Installation & Replacement in the North Shore
Serving Salem, Beverly, Danvers, Peabody, Lynn & Surrounding AreasInstallation of any new equipment can be stressful for a home or business owner, and that is why Cranney Home Services will work with you to not only go over all your needs but meet them as well. After selecting a model, we will work in a timely manner and cause minimal disruption. After your new AC installation from Cranney, you will certainly notice the difference in your home. At Cranney, our professional air conditioning experts guarantee installation services that are not only top-notch but done to provide you with cool comfort as soon as possible.
Common Types of Air ConditionersThough there are numerous variations of AC models available today, there are four main types that are used in homes throughout the country. These models are as follows:
- Split Systems - These air conditioning systems pump air throughout an entire home or building. An AC unit is located outside of the house in a large metal box. An indoor component is likely tucked away somewhere minimally visible. Each component contains a different coil, both of which work together to provide your home with cool air. These split systems are the most common and work very well with homes that implement furnace heat. The cool air is forced through the vents that are already in place for heating.
- Heat Pumps - As their name states, heat pumps will remove hot air from your home and pump it outside. This system works for both heating and cooling, but it’s best for areas with mild temperatures. These systems are less capable of extreme cooling.
- Packaged Units - These models are smaller, single units. They are often propped on a roof or outdoors near the home. Connecting ducts push cool air through the home and can work with your current furnace heating system.
- Ductless Split Systems - These smaller models are more efficient for cooling specific areas of the home. They are comprised of an indoor and outdoor component, and the two work in unison to cool smaller areas of a home or building, typically ones that are used more frequently.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning ReplacementEven the best-built air conditioner will falter and fail. Within 10 to 15 years after installation, you may notice that your air conditioner isn't performing the way you desire. If you notice any of the following signs, it may be time to consider replacing your old air conditioner and installing a new air conditioning system that is more reliable and delivers greater energy efficiency:
- Frequent breakdowns and the increasing cost of repairs
- Foul odors that continue to emanate from the system after repairs
- Increasingly large utility bills without another known causes
- Buildup of moisture in and around the air conditioner
- Inability of the air conditioner to maintain your desired comfort
- Short-cycling of the system
Prevent Air Conditioning Breakdowns with Regular AC Maintenance ServicesAt Cranney Home Services, our Cranney Value Plan protects your system from unexpected failure. Our AC maintenance plans make it easy for you to stay on top of your system's maintenance schedule. Our AC maintenance services include the following and more:
- Cleaning/changing air filters
- Inspecting and refilling refrigerant reservoirs
- Testing electrical components and tightening any loose contacts
- Inspecting and cleaning condensing coils
- Testing the thermostat
- Removal of brush and debris around the air conditioner
- Lubricating motors and bearings
- Clearing the condensate drain
What to Expect With a Cranney AC InstallationAfter contacting Cranney for AC installation, you can have peace of mind knowing that the process will be as smooth as possible. Assuming that you have already selected your model, installation will begin soon after. If you are unsure which air conditioner will best suit your needs, an expert at Cranney will be able to assist you. Whether you are upgrading your system or replacing it entirely, our technicians will help guide your decisions every step of the way. The Cranney air conditioning experts always guarantee a job that is on time and up to code. Our trained and experienced professionals ensure that we will leave your home as comfortable and safe as it could possibly be. We’re available to provide the AC service that you need, so call Cranney today!
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities