Electrical Panel Services in the North Shore
Serving Salem, Beverly, Danvers, Peabody, Lynn & Surrounding AreasHow much do you know about your home’s electrical panel? If you’re a homeowner, it may be a subject worth revisiting. The electrical panel in your home is like the brain of your electrical system. The panel prevents damaging and potentially dangerous electrical overloads: if an outlet is ever overloaded, the panel is triggered, and it shuts off electrical current to that section of your wiring. But is yours doing its job?
Questions You Should Ask Yourself:
- What amperage does it support?
- Do you have a fuse box or a circuit breaker?
- Is it a Federal Pacific brand product?
- Are you running major appliances on an old system?
- When was the last time you had it restored?
Reasons to Restore Your Panel:
- You’re about to remodel
- You’ve recently purchased additional large appliances (fridge, washing machine, hot tub, etc.)
- You have a Federal Pacific panel – these panels are from the 50s and 60s, and they are notorious for causing electrical fires in homes
- You want to add more circuits but your panel is full
- You hear buzzing/humming noises by the panel
- Your fuses are blown, but you don’t know what size to replace them with
- Your circuits are repeatedly breaking in normal situations
- The box itself shows signs of rust or disrepair
Federal Pacific Electric Panel Replacement InfoMany homes in the North Shore and Merrimack Valley region have Federal Pacific electric panels. These older panels are actually quite dangerous, as they have been found to put the home at high risk for an electrical fire. They were made cheaply and fail to trip around a quarter of the time, even when they should. This high failure rate means you can have a higher risk for a fire. If your home has a Federal Pacific electric panel, you are in danger. You need to replace the electric panel as quickly as possible to protect your home and your family. Cranney Home Services offers Federal Pacific electric panel replacement to protect your home, so you can be confident you aren't sitting on a powder keg just waiting for a fire to start. Call Cranney Home Services for Federal Pacific electric panel replacement information at 978-750-6900.
Electrical Panel Repairs & ReplacementThe electrical panel in your home is critical to the safety of your electrical system. You need to know that it is going to reliably protect your home. Signs that you have problems with your electrical panel include:
- Lights are flickering or dimming when you turn them on
- Sparking or buzzing from the electrical panel
- Frequently tripping breakers
- Hot or burning smells from the electrical panel
Call Cranney Home Services for all Your Electrical Service and Repair NeedsAt Cranney Home Services, our technicians will arrive on time and will perform all work to code with top grade material, assuring your family and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up, and complete respect is given to your home. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and emergency equipment enabling us to provide service seven days a week. Get in touch with us if you would like to schedule a service appointment.
Proudly Serving The
North Shore and
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities