Panel Restoration Services in the North Shore
How much do you know about your home’s electrical panel? If you’re a homeowner, it may be a subject worth revisiting. The electrical panel in your home is like the brain of your electrical system. The panel prevents damaging and potentially dangerous electrical overloads: if an outlet is ever overloaded, the panel is triggered, and it shuts off electrical current to that section of your wiring. But is yours doing its job?
Questions You Should Ask Yourself:
- What amperage does it support?
- Do you have a fuse box or a circuit breaker?
- Is it a Federal Pacific brand product?
- Are you running major appliances on an old system?
- When was the last time you had it restored?
The lifespan of an electrical panel is between 20 and 30 years: if you are beyond that range, you need an upgrade. Even if you aren’t, though, the reality is that older electrical panels typically just can’t keep up with modern homes. Our appliances are now larger and higher-efficiency, and panels that aren’t upgraded could be under strain. You’ll start to notice that you lose power more often, and you may not be able to run several major devices at once. Worse, if your breaker isn’t effective at preventing overloads, it could be a safety hazard: the National Fire Protection Association reports that electrical fires caused over 400 civilian deaths and $1.5 billion in direct property damage between 2007 and 2011.
Don’t worry: Cranney Home Services can help. Our expert electricians provide not only GFCI installations and breaker services but also panel restoration services for all of your upgrading needs. Your family’s convenience and safety are our top priorities, and with Cranney’s residential electric service at your command you can be sure that you’ll get the job done right the first time.
Not sure if you need a panel restoration? It can be difficult to preempt panel problems, but there are several signs that you should have one of our licensed professionals come in and perform an inspection.
Reasons to Restore Your Panel:
- You’re about to remodel
- You’ve recently purchased additional large appliances (fridge, washing machine, hot tub, etc.)
- You have a Federal Pacific panel – these panels are from the 50s and 60s, and they are notorious for causing electrical fires in homes
- You want to add more circuits but your panel is full
- You hear buzzing/humming noises by the panel
- Your fuses are blown, but you don’t know what size to replace them with
- Your circuits are repeatedly breaking in normal situations
- The box itself shows signs of rust or disrepair
You don’t need to live with your outdated, broken, or even dangerous electrical panel for another day. Call Cranney Home Services today to have their team inspect and restore your panel today.
Call Cranney Home Services for all Your Electrical Service and Repair Needs
At Cranney Home Services, our technicians will arrive on time and will perform all work to code with top grade material, assuring your family and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up, and complete respect is given to your home. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and emergency equipment enabling us to provide service seven days a week. Give in touch with us if you would like to schedule a service appointment.
Proudly Serving The
North Shore and
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities