HVAC Maintenance Tips for Your Massachusetts Home
HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems are an important part of many residential buildings, including your home. Because it performs a wide variety of tasks to keep your home comfortable, you’ll want to make sure it’s constantly in good shape. Failure to keep your HVAC well-maintained can result in increased electrical bills, sweltering summers, and frigid winters. Cranney Home Services is well-versed in maintaining and repairing HVAC units, and can tell you how to best keep your unit running.
Benefits of Regular HVAC Maintenance
- Longer lifespan for your heating and cooling system
- Increased efficiency
- Better indoor air quality
- Lower energy bills
- Consistent home comfort all year
Here are four tips that can help you extend your HVAC’s lifespan and keep it running strong.
- Do maintenance before the seasons you’ll start using its heating and/or cooling. Whether your HVAC heats, cools, or does both, you’ll want to have preventative maintenance done a season before you’ll really be using it. You primarily use your HVAC for heating? Schedule maintenance for the fall. If it cools, add HVAC maintenance to your spring cleaning list. Does your HVAC pull double duty? Give it maintenance in both spring and fall.
- Inspect the air filters once a month. Check and change the filters in your AC, furnace, and/or heat pump often. A dirty filter means your equipment has to work harder to get the same results, increasing your energy bills and putting unnecessary strain on your equipment.
- Keep the HVAC unit and the area around it clean. You’ll want to regularly clean out any plants and other debris around you condensing unit. In addition, you should take time once a year to clean your vents, registers, evaporator, and condenser coils to keep air circulating efficiently. The U.S. Department of Energy says that “a dirty condenser coil can increase energy consumption by 30%.”
- Install a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats allow you to dictate certain times for the temperature to change, allowing you to turn off the heat when no one’s home or you’re sleeping. Careful usage of the programmable thermostat can reduce your energy costs by 10%.
Why trust Cranney Home Services with my HVAC?
Cranney Home Services provides over thirty years of experience in home and business service contracting to the Massachusetts area. Whether it’s plumbing, heating, cooling, or electrical systems, we’ve worked with them all, and provide high-quality service for each! We’re committed to providing a new level of customer service in all of our interactions. If you need help with your HVAC or anything else in your home or business, call Cranney today!
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities