8 Money-Saving Heating Maintenance Tips
Heating maintenance is highly important if you want to avoid spending the season paying high costs on heating bills. However, for many homeowners out there, it proves much easier said than done. The weather in New England during the fall and winter is notoriously cold, meaning you will be relying on your heating system so much more to get you through the day. Of course, this only leads to high spending on bills to the point where it seems unavoidable. What makes the situation more complicated is that heating is a necessity. Choosing to go without it for the entire season simply isn’t an option, especially if you live with a growing family. Higher costs on heating bills won’t be the only problem you encounter either. In addition, you may experience poor furnace efficiency, shortened heating system lifespan, noticeably uneven temperature in your home, and an increased likelihood you will need to seek furnace replacement. All of these problems can build up over time and make your life so much more stressful, but it does not have to be this way. You do have the power to change your home’s heating efficiency for the better, and all it may take is a few simple steps in getting there.
Calling Cranney Home Services for Service
Cranney Home Services will be able to provide you with high-quality heating services during the fall and winter. We want homeowners across the North Shore to enjoy life in their home this season without dreading over high costs and cold air entering their home. We can provide a furnace tune-up that will ensure your heating system is ready to encounter the colder weather ahead. Our service will also help you gain a better understanding on the ins and outs of your heating system. As far as we’re concerned, we think it’s important that you have more knowledge on your heating system so you will know how to avoid problems in the future. Once you receive service from us, you will be able to save so much more on heating bills and gear savings toward fun activities this season. You will extend the lifespan of your heating system by years, so you can enjoy highly-efficient heat, and keeping the entire family comfortable.
How Can Heating Maintenance Save You Money on Heating Bills?
If you are looking to save some extra cash on heating this season, please follow these 8 money-saving tips:
- Use sunlight for free heat: Sometimes all it takes to save money is by opening your curtains and allowing the sunlight to enter your home. Though we will see stormier weather during the fall and winter, especially on the North Shore, there are still plenty of sunny days ahead, so why not take advantage of it? The sun will provide natural heat without having to turn on your furnace, keeping heating costs down to a manageable level.
- Consider buying a humidifier: The air will become incredibly dry during the fall and winter. However, by installing a humidifier in your home, it will moisturize the air and keep the temperature down in your home, ensuring your heating system won’t have to expend more energy on heat.
- Reduce the temperature on your water heater: Your water heater probably doesn’t need to be set as hot as it actually is. The water coming out of it will still be plenty warm if you lower the temperature on it by 10 or even 20 degrees, depending on where it’s currently set. Such a simple adjustment can save you quite a bit of money, and if you’re not comfortable adjusting the temperature yourself, you can call us for any of your water heater service needs.
- Turn down your thermostat to 68 degrees: It may seem unreasonable to turn down your thermostat at such a frigid time of year, but turning down your thermostat to 68 degrees will ensure your heating system will use less energy to produce heat.
- Consider a programmable thermostat: If your current thermostat is failing you, it’s time to upgrade to a programmable thermostat instead. Upgrading will give you greater control over the climate in your home, ensuring you have heat at a temperature keeping you comfortable.
- Invest in zoning systems: Modern heating systems come equipped with zoning capabilities that will separate your home into zones. This will allow for heat to go to rooms of your home needing it the most, instead of wasting heat on rooms that are currently not in use.
- Seal up air leaks: Before the fall and winter begin, you may want to check attics, basements, and crawl spaces for any air leaks. This will prove a major source of heating loss, so it will be better to seal up leaks with heat tape before you pay more on bills than necessary.
- Calling Cranney Home Services for annual heating maintenance: A licensed heating contractor from Cranney Home Services will be able to provide you with a high-quality inspection that will ensure even the smallest problems with your furnace (or plumbing and electrical systems) are fixed. With our help, you are guaranteeing better system efficiency for at least the next 12 months.
Don’t Let The Cold Weather Sneak Up On Your Heating System – Schedule A Heating Maintenance Service Today
Contact Cranney Home Services today if you want to learn more on how you can save money on heating maintenance!
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities