Signs Your AC May Be Hurting Your Air Quality
As temperatures rise this summer, you’ll likely spend a majority of your time indoors trying to stay cool with your air conditioner. Do you know what shape your cooling system is in? Did you know that an AC that is damaged, outdated, or running inefficiently can harm your air quality? Here are some common AC problems that may lessen the air quality in your home:
AC Problems That May Affect Your Air Quality
- You have a dirty filter. Your filter is responsible for literally filtering out impurities in your airflow before it’s delivered and dispersed throughout your home via a central air system. Your air filter should be changed often, every few months is best. This is especially important during periods of extended use, like the summer months. When the filter becomes dirty and clogged with dust, hair, dander, pollen, or any other debris that may make their way in, your air quality can be compromised.
- Excess water. If your air conditioner is leaking any excess fluid or it has more condensation than usual, it may be harming your indoor air quality. Leftover liquids can leave you with mold or mildew growth. These spores can grow and spread at a rapid rate. If in or around your air system, they can easily be blown into your home.
- Duct problems. If your duct system is damaged, it’s possible for debris to build up inside. Because your ducts deliver air directly through your vents, whatever may be built up inside will be delivered as well.
- Loud noises and strange odors. These are signs that your system may be broken or running inefficiently. In an effort to prevent the problem from worsening, you should have a professional fix the problem.
- Old or inefficient equipment. Any system that is old, outdated, or running inefficiently has the potential to damage the air quality in your home. If your air conditioning system is out of date, you should consider a replacement. Newer technologies are more efficient and will help to keep the air in your home safe and breathable for years to come.
You probably won’t that your AC is harming your air quality. If you suspect that your cooling system may be affecting you, it’s important that you call a professional as soon as possible. The air you breathe should be as clean as possible, but an old or broken AC may prevent that. Keep watch for worsened asthma or allergy symptoms, as they may be related to your air quality.
Benefits of Cranney AC Maintenance
To keep your HVAC systems running safely and efficiently, routine maintenance is necessary. Not only will it save you from expensive repairs down the line, it will help to protect against lessened air quality. Your AC should be checked at least once a year, especially before it gets too hot out. After a Cranney professional assesses the condition of your air conditioner, we will work with you to determine the best way to fix any problems we come across. We offer up front and fixed pricing options and quality service. A properly functioning air conditioner will benefit your home in several ways, including the following:
- Maintaining a cool, comfortable living atmosphere
- Less risk of health complications due to overheating
- Energy efficiency
When was the last time your AC got a professional tune-up? Call Cranney Home Services today to schedule your service!
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities