8 Signs You Might Need a New Boiler
When cold weather hits Danvers, MA, you don’t want to be without heat in your home. As boilers age, they start to show signs of wear and tear. If your boiler is older, or you cannot recall when it was installed, it might be time to get a replacement. Here are a few signs that you need boiler repair in Danvers, MA and the surrounding areas:
8 Signs You May Need Boiler Repair in Danvers
- Age: Boilers typically have a lifespan of about 10-15 years if properly maintained. If your boiler is reaching this age, it is time to start thinking about a replacement before it breaks down entirely. Technology has advanced to make boilers more efficient than ever and the cost to repair an old boiler time and time again will outweigh the costs of a new unit.
- Consistent Breakdowns: Every boiler needs regular maintenance, but if you are calling a technician regularly to fix issues, then it is time to consider replacing your boiler. Think of all the money spent on repairs, callouts, and parts that could go towards a new system.
- Yellow Flame: When your boiler is happy and healthy, the flame inside it will burn a bright blue. If that flame is yellow, it means your boiler is producing the toxic gas carbon monoxide. This gas is odorless and colorless, making it impossible to detect by the human noise. In order to protect your family, it is important to address a yellow flame immediately with a call to your local heating technician.
- Loud Noises: If your boiler or radiators are making loud clunking or hissing noises, it may be time to replace the unit. You may be used to these sounds, but a properly functioning boiler should work without loud bangs coming from your basement.
- Rooms Heat Unevenly: If your boiler is on the fritz, the heating of your home may become unpredictable. If you notice some rooms are hot while others stay cool, it is an indication that the boiler is not running properly. If a repair won’t do the job anymore, it might be time to think of a replacement boiler.
- Energy Bills Increase: If you notice that you’re spending more money each month on heating costs, it might be time to look seriously at your boiler. With age, boilers become less efficient and waste fuel. With new technology, it has become easier than ever to control the energy use and spending of your boiler.
- Leaks: If you notice any water coming out of your boiler then it is time to consider replacing the unit. Leaks cause damage to critical parts of the boiler as well as water damage to wherever your boiler is in the home. Save yourself the frustration of a damaged basement by fixing leaks as soon as they appear. If the repair is too costly, a replacement boiler will be your best course.
- Your Boiler Doesn’t Earn an “A”: Boiler efficiency is rated on a scale of A to G. Boilers with A-ratings are 90% efficient, while those with G-ratings are only 70% efficient. Upgrading your boiler will ensure that it’s running efficiently and saving you money.
Why Choose Cranney?
If your boiler needs service, you can count on Cranney heating professionals to do the job and do it right the first time. For over 30 years, we have been providing our customers with reliable boiler expertise and service.
Although boilers are typically very efficient, durable machines, all boilers- no matter the type- eventually require some sort of annual maintenance, repair or even replacement performed by a licensed professional in order to ensure a high level of performance. Our techs are well versed in all boiler makes and models so you can rest easy knowing your tune-up, repair and/or installation will be performed correctly the very first time.
For boiler repair in Danvers, MA, call Cranney Home Services today!
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities