In the colder months, humidity levels can plunge to uncomfortably low levels and cause all kinds of complications with your health and in your home. Here are a few of the most common ill effects of low humidity levels in your home:
- Respiratory ailments.
- Skin irritation.
- Static electricity.
- Furniture and floor damage.
Whole-House Humidifier Features
At Cranney Home Services, we have seen a huge spike in the popularity of whole-house humidifiers in recent years. These high-tech systems can regulate the indoor moisture levels of your home and unlike the small, portable humidifiers most of us are familiar with, whole-house models can be installed directly into your existing HVAC system. Once installed, whole-house humidifiers distribute humidity and moisture in the form of water vapor throughout the living areas of your home. Then you can use a thermostat to easily monitor and adjust not only your indoor temperature but the humidity levels as well.
Whole-House Humidifier Benefits
- Health: Viruses (like the FLU!) thrive in low-humidity environments. That means that without enough moisture and humidity in your home, you are risking exposure to viruses like the flu, colds, and other respiratory ailments. Low-humidity environments also make people more susceptible to infections that their immune systems might otherwise have had no trouble with. Injecting some humidity into your home’s indoor air can go a long way to protecting you and your family from illness.
- Lower energy bills: You can set the regulator on your whole-house humidifier and it will automatically adjust for ideal moisture levels. This allows you to maximize comfort at lower temperatures and save money on utility bills.
- Comfort: Low humidity levels can cause uncomfortably dry nasal passages, sore throats, and cracked, itchy skin.
- Ease seasonal allergy symptoms: Whole-house humidifiers are a healthy choice, particularly for those suffering from allergies or asthma. Moisture eases nagging symptoms brought on from dry air.
- Home Preservation: Dry, moisture-free air can cause severe damage to many household items, such as wood floors, plaster, paint, furniture, artwork, electronics and musical instruments. Supplying your house with the proper amount of humidity can protect your home and its contents from the adverse effects of dry air.
With all the abundant advantages of owning a whole-house humidifier, it seems only natural that every home should have one installed. Humidifiers provide an affordable way to promote comfort and good health amongst your home’s occupants.
Call Cranney Home Services today and make your home a healthier and more comfortable place through the restorative effects of whole-house humidification!
What Sets Cranney Home Services Apart?
We can provide same day service are available to respond to emergencies quickly. Our staff is expertly trained in all areas of customer service.
Our Heating and Cooling Technicians, Plumbers and Electricians are licensed, uniformed and professional. They respect your home and your property. They go as far as to put on booties before entering your home and roll out a protective carpet as well. The diagnostic or dispatch fee that we charge allows our professionals to carefully evaluate your problem and/or inspect your systems so they can provide you with a flat rate price to do the work you’ve requested. Once you approve that price and all that it includes, Cranney Companies will complete the requested work for you. Service Partner Plans will be offered to you at the time of our visit. If you opt to purchase one of these plans, you will receive an immediate 15% discount on your services that day and many other benefits. Serving you well is important to us! Our Customer Service Representatives will personally follow up with you, upon completion of the work, to make sure that everything was accomplished to your satisfaction.
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities