5 Signs That a Tankless Water Heater Is Exactly What You Need
Are you thinking about installing a new water heater in Danvers? Then it’s time to replace your old tank model with a high-efficiency tankless water heater. Here’s what you need to know about tankless water heaters — and five signs that installing one might be the right choice for you.
How a Tankless Water Heater Works
A conventional water heater has a tank that stores hot water, which is delivered to a point in the home when you turn on the tap. When the water supply runs low, the tank has to fill again and heat the water before it can deliver hot water. Until then, it can only send cold water to the faucet.
In contrast, a tankless water heater doesn’t have a storage tank at all. Instead, the water runs over a heating element when hot water is requested at a particular tap. Because it doesn’t store hot water or require time to fill, this allows for almost unlimited hot water.
A Tankless Water Heater is the Right Choice
While many people prefer their conventional models, more forward-thinking homeowners in Danvers are replacing their traditional water heaters with tankless models. How do you know you need a tankless water heater?
- You run out of hot water frequently. Some people like cold showers. However, they’re few and far between. Most of us prefer a nice, hot shower regardless of whether that’s when we get up in the morning or after we get home from work. If you’re always stuck with cold water because your household uses a lot of hot water, then a tankless model is a good choice. They provide more hot water so that everyone gets a comfortable shower.
- You want your water heater to last longer. While a conventional tank model lasts approximately 15 years, a tankless water heater has a lifespan of 20 years. While the initial investment might be somewhat higher, you’ll get a good return with a unit that lasts longer.
- Your energy bills are high. Storing warm water costs energy. As the water sits in the tank it can cool down if not constantly heated. With an on-demand unit, you never waste energy storing water at a high temperature. It is heated once and delivered where you want.
- You want to do the right thing for the planet. Because an on-demand model is more energy-efficient, it’s a more environmentally friendly option. You can reduce your energy bills and waste less which is a win-win for you.
- You want to use the space for something else. A conventional water heater is a large appliance that takes up almost the same space in your basement as a fridge. If you don’t have space for a large appliance in your home, or you want to use that space for something else, then a tankless water heater is for you. They take up about as much space as a desktop computer and are mounted on your wall.
Consult With Cranney Home Services
If you’ve decided that a tankless water heater is exactly what you need, then make sure to consult with your trusted plumber at Cranney Home Services. We can advise you about capacity, brand, model, and other factors that are important to making the right choice for your family. And once your on-demand water heater is installed, you’ll be able to enjoy hot water and low energy bills for a long time to come.
Start saving money and lowering your bills with a tankless hot water heater from Cranney Home Services!
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities