Pipe Valve Repair Services in Boston
Piping and valves comprise a home’s plumbing system, and while pipes are normally quite reliable, when one bursts that can obviously lead to a huge problem. Likewise, while the valves that stop the flow of water are reliable as well, they need to be properly maintained to ensure they continue to function. At Cranney Home Services, we have provided pipe and valve repair services in Boston for more than 30 years. Whether you need an emergency repair or routine valve maintenance, we have the experience and expertise to handle it all.
Pipe Repair in Boston
Obviously, a burst pipe is a huge emergency that requires fast and effective action. An incredible amount of water can quickly pour out, causing electrical and structural damage that can be both hazardous and costly. The technicians with Cranney Home Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to take care of any pipe emergency you may experience, and because our trucks are fully stocked with equipment, we will have everything we need to fix your problem just as quickly as possible.
Burst Pipe Emergency Plan
If you experience a burst pipe, there are some steps that you can take to keep damage to a minimum.
- Determine the source of the water supply to the leaking pipe and immediately shut it off. If you are unable to locate that particular supply, find your home’s main water supply and shut it off.
- Turn off your water heater.
- Turn on the hot water taps to help drain the system.
- Shut off your power if the leaking pipe is near any electrical appliances to eliminate the chance of electrocution.
- If you can find the hole from where water is escaping, seal it with some gapless tape and apply pressure by attaching a piece of rubber.
- Call Cranney Home Services immediately so we can dispatch someone to your home as fast as possible.
Reducing the Risk of a Pipe Emergency
There are also some things you can do to help reduce the chances of a pipe bursting.
- Open your loft trap door to introduce heat when the weather is cold.
- Insulate your water supply pipes.
- Shut your water off and drain all the water from your pipes if you are leaving your home for more than a week.
- Find your main shut-off valve and label it in case you need to act quickly.
Valve Repair Service
Your plumbing valves are located throughout your water system. You can find them under your sinks, near your water heater, dishwasher and clothes washer, and behind your toilets. On your main water line there is a valve that allows you to shut off your home’s water supply.
Different valves are built in different ways and used for various functions. Like anything else mechanical, however, valves can fail due to the corrosive nature of water. At Cranney Home Services we repair and replace all types of valves, and we can add valves to your home if you would like.
Call Cranney Home Services for all Your Service and Repair Needs
At Cranney Home Services, our technicians will arrive on time and will perform all work to code with top grade material, assuring your family and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up, and complete respect is given to your home. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and emergency equipment enabling us to provide service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Get in touch with us if you would like to schedule a service appointment.
conditioning system and get
up to a $1,000 cash card
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities