Signs That It’s Time For Bathroom Remodeling
Bathroom remodeling is fun, fresh, and creative. The idea of remodeling your bathroom brings out your inner interior decorator and gets you searching Pinterest for new ideas, then the good news is that are plenty of reasons to remodel your bathroom—beyond simply wanting to! Here are five signs it’s time to remodel your bathroom:
- You want to sell your home. If you’re about to put your home on the market and you realize with a sinking feeling that your well-loved bathroom hasn’t been upgraded since 1990, it’s really time for an overhaul. Because if your bathroom isn’t up to par with the standard in the neighborhood, it’s likely to reduce your selling price considerably. According to the 2017 Cost. vs. Value report, a midrange bathroom remodels yields a 64.8 percent ROI and an upscale one yields an ROI of 59.1 percent. And if you upgrade to a bathroom with universal design, then you can expect a 68.4 percent ROI. So how can you ensure you strike the right balance between how much to invest and what you hope to gain in return? The answer is simple: Ask your realtor. He or she will be able to advise you about the features of bathrooms in similar properties close to you, and you can use that as your guide. As a rule of thumb, however, it’s better to be conservative and cautious. Choose neutral colors and designs, and don’t go overboard on ultra-luxurious fixtures and other items. It could discourage some buyers, and if buyers do want something more elaborate, they can always make the necessary changes later.
- Your bathroom is aesthetically unappealing. Maybe you’ve bought a fixer-upper with a bathroom that hasn’t had any attention since the 1980s, or perhaps you’ve outgrown your That ‘70s Show Regardless of the reason, if you don’t like the look of your bathroom anymore, it’s a great reason to start checking out the latest looks on Houzz for your bathroom remodeling.
- Your bathroom has a bad case of mold. Mold isn’t just unsightly; it’s also a health hazard that can cause respiratory problems, headaches, skin problems, and more. Moreover, it can also cause structural damage to your home. While minor patches of mold can easily be taken care of with some bleach, if there’s a lot of mold, it needs to be removed before it spreads. This is best done by a professional mold remediation company—but once all the bad stuff is gone, you can celebrate with your bathroom remodeling!
- There’s a lot of visible wear and tear. If your bathroom has cracked floor and wall tiles, scratched enamel in the sink or bathtub, or rusted plumbing fixtures all indicate, it’s time to consider remodeling. If you like the overall layout, then putting in some new tiles, having the enamel repaired, and replacing the fixtures can give the room a whole new look without breaking the bank.
- It’s time to remodel for universal design. If you’re getting older and it’s becoming more challenging to get around, then it might be time to invest in universal design. This can include a range of modifications such as widening the door to allow for wheelchair access, replacing your regular bath with a walk-in bath and your toilet with one that’s higher, removing the curb from the shower, adding grab bars for extra safety, and putting in an anti-slip floor.
Now you’re aware of some of the most common signs your bathroom needs remodeling, take a good look at yours and figure out what is you’re trying to accomplish. Then, with a well thought-out plan, a reasonable budget, and a worthwhile end goal in mind, you’re ready to get started with a bathroom remodel that will give you the results you want.
Call Cranney Home Services for more information on bathroom remodeling!
Proudly Serving The
North Shore and
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities