Keep Your Holiday Lights Shining Bright – Benefits to Investing in a Winter Backup GeneratorThe winter season is here which means it’s time to insulate your plumbing, shovel your driveway, and keep your roof clear of ice dams. The holidays can put a lot of strain on your home. It’s the time of the year when your furnace and water heater work the hardest, keeping your home warm and comfortable. Preparing for the upcoming snow and frigid temperatures, however, requires more than routine maintenance, but a backup generator.
How a Backup Generator Can Help Keep Your Holidays Warm and FestiveWhile there is plenty of home maintenance to concern with during the winter season, such as your heating system and plumbing, potential power outages are another problem. Heavy snow and ice can weigh down power lines or knock down trees, causing massive power outages. No homeowner wants to deal with no power in the dead of winter, especially when important appliances such as your furnace, water heater, and sump pump rely on electricity to function. A backup generator is another important appliance to have in your home, and here’s why.
- It protects your home from power surges. Power surges can be common, but they’re very destructive for your electronics and can be caused by power outages. A power surge is a spike in your home’s electrical current which can happen when the power is cut off and then abruptly back on. A backup generator instantly kicks on when the power goes off, helping to prevent harmful power surges. A power surge can not only damage sensitive electronics but start an electrical fire.
- It provides instant power. When properly installed, your backup generator will be connected to your home’s gas lines and wired to the subpanel. Unlike a portable generator where you manually have to start up the engine, a backup generator will instantly turn on and generate power when there’s a power outage.
- Your food won’t spoil. Important appliances like your refrigerator need constant power to prevent your food from spoiling. When the power goes out, the clock starts ticking, despite keeping your fridge closed. A backup generator can provide power to your important appliances, ensuring you don’t have to throw out an entire fridge of food.
- They’re safe. Unlike portable generators, you don’t have to worry about potential safety hazards with a backup generator such as a carbon monoxide leak or an electrocution risk.
- No frozen pipes or flooded basements. The winter season is generally the worst time of year for your plumbing. If your home isn’t properly insulated and heated, your pipes are at risk of freezing and bursting. Without power, your heating system can run and keep your home and pipes warm. No power also means your sump pump can work to prevent a flooded basement. A backup generator ensures your house stays warm and dry this holiday season.
- It powers your security system. Safety is an important priority, but when the power goes out, your home’s security system can’t do its job. Installing a backup generator ensures you and your household stay safe even the power goes out.
How Cranney Home Services Can Help YouHere at Cranney, our main concern is keeping you and your loved ones safe. A standby generator installation will help you year-round during extreme weather circumstances, power outages, or emergencies. At Cranney, we provide a range of top-notch services to make sure that your equipment is ready for whatever situation may come. If you are interested in a generator installation, call Cranney Home Services today!
Proudly Serving The
North Shore and
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities