Boston Boiler Service, Repair, and Replacement
If your boiler needs service in the Greater Boston area, you can count on Cranney Home Services to do the job and do it right the first time. For more than 30 years, we have been providing our customers with reliable boiler expertise and service. Although boilers are typically highly efficient, durable machines, they all eventually require some sort of service or replacement. We are familiar with all makes and models of boilers so you rest easy knowing we will perform your maintenance, repair and/or installation correctly the very first time.
Why You Should Replace Your Boiler with Cranney Home Services
A solid, reliable boiler is something most homeowners take for granted, until it breaks down that is. Fortunately, boilers really are some of the sturdiest examples of HVAC equipment out there so there are often plenty of warning signs that your boiler needs attention. Here are some good reasons to get your boiler serviced, repaired or even replaced:
- Safety – Regardless of their age, boilers are very safe appliances. But if an older boiler does not receive a fresh supply of combustion air, that could pose a health hazard. On the other hand, these risks are largely eliminated with a more advanced boiler, because all of its equipment is enclosed within its cabinet.
- Efficiency – Today’s advanced efficiency models can be up to 35 percent more efficient than older boilers. This will lead to much lower heating costs in the long term. In fact, an advanced system can pay for itself in as little as two years based on the money saved in fuel costs.
- Reliability – Boilers typically become less reliable with age, and need to be repaired on a more regular basis. In many cases, the older the boiler, the harder it can be to find spare parts – thus adding to the cost of repairs.
Boiler Maintenance with Cranney Home Services
All boilers, no matter the type, require annual maintenance performed by a licensed professional order to ensure a high level of energy efficiency and performance. Cranney Home Services technicians are familiar with all boiler makes and models and have been providing boiler maintenance services in the Northshore and Greater Boston areas for more than 30 years.
Improving Efficiency through Regular Maintenance
Boilers that are not properly maintained can suffer performance-wise, leading to higher energy bills due to wasted energy. You could potentially save 10% on your bills – hundreds of dollars per year – through minor adjustments performed on your boiler system.
Monitoring Critical Controls
Your safety valves and water gauge glass are two of the most important components of your boiler system that need to be checked regularly. Your safety valves, as the name would indicate, are your boiler’s most important safety feature because it alleviates pressure if all other systems fail. Every steam and hot-water boiler must have at least one valve that provides sufficient relieving capacity in order to meet or exceed maximum boiler output.
If the water gauge glass is not properly cleaned and maintained, it will seem to show an appropriate water level when the boiler is actually low on water.
Cranney Home Services Annual Boiler Maintenance Features:
- Making sure the gauges are accurate
- Checking the pressure of your expansion tank
- Making sure all safety devices (pressure relief valves, pressure and temperature controls, low water-sensing devices, etc.) are functioning properly
- Checking the fuel system for leaks, controls and proper operation
- Checking the combustion system for signs of overheating and exhaust leaks
- Checking the heating system for zone balancing, uneven heating and leaks
- Making sure the circulator pump runs quietly
- Making sure the water inside the system is clean
Call Cranney Home Services for All Your Boiler Maintenance, Repair, Replacement and Installation Needs
At Cranney Home Services, our technicians will arrive on time and perform all work up to code using top grade material. You and your family’s safety and satisfaction are our top priority. All work is completed efficiently and when finished, all jobs are followed up with a thorough clean up. Throughout the entire process your home is treated with the utmost respect and care. Our radio-dispatched trucks are stocked with a wide selection of repair items, tools, and emergency equipment enabling us to provide service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Don’t wait until winter arrives! Call Cranney Home Services for all your boiler related needs today!
conditioning system and get
up to a $1,000 cash card
North Shore and
Merrimack Valley Areas include:
Salem | Andover | Danvers | Lynnfield | Melrose and surrounding cities